"Do not neglect medical treatment when it is necessary, but leave it off when health has been restored...Treat disease through diet, by preference, refraining from the use of drugs." - Bahá'u'lláh

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blueberry Peanut Butter Honey Yogurt



One of my favorite things about following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet is making and eating homemade yogurt. I make mine using whole milk in a Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker, and it has turned out perfectly each time. The key to making SCD-compliant yogurt is allowing it to incubate for a full 24 hours, thereby using up most of the lactose (Commercial yogurt is fermented for a much shorter time, and therefore contains a significant amount of lactose.)

This morning I was craving a snack, so I concocted this simple and delightful dish.

Blueberry Peanut Butter Honey Yogurt


Ingredients
  • 1 cup SCD yogurt
  • fresh blueberries
  • natural peanut butter
  • honey
Directions
  1. Put yogurt into a bowl and top with remaining ingredients.
  2. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm I dunno... Blueberries and yogurt, yes. Peanut butter and blueberries, yes. Peanut butter and yogurt? And blueberries? I'm not so sure... I'll have to taste it some time.

Unknown said...

This looks yummy.

Also, if you should happen to be in Mpls, you should get some imported honey from Holy Land, along with some Homemade Yogurt. And some blueberries.

It'll be quite fantastic. I guarantee it.

dan said...

It is yummy. And I happen to have just arrived in Minneapolis. If I make it to Holy Land, I'll be sure to pick up some honey!

weightloss said...

If you like peanut butter here is a great peanut butter banana shake recipe that you will love. It is high in protein so if you are on a high protein diet like the 17 day diet it is a perfect meal.

Peanut Butter Banana Shake

Anonymous said...

monster headphones today is not so strange, this brand of magic sound, enthusiasts and the influx of people is not unfamiliar. Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Solo HD headphones with a plastic polishing process, not the old version of the grinding process of the SOLO headphones, the overall look more cool.