"Do not neglect medical treatment when it is necessary, but leave it off when health has been restored...Treat disease through diet, by preference, refraining from the use of drugs." - Bahá'u'lláh

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Indescribable

Yesterday and today have been simply unbelievable...I'm almost at a loss of words to describe how I've been feeling. It's as if I'm walking on air, living "in the zone." I've never felt better in my life.

I don't mean to brag, but to illustrate the intensity of this experience, the following is a partial list of things I have accomplished in the past 48 hours:


  • I opened a Roth IRA.
  • I started and more or less finished preparing my 2009 taxes.
  • I played a 401-point game of Scrabble.
  • I asked for and received a 35% raise from my longest-standing translation client.
  • I took an amazing shower.
  • I took a 30-minute walk all around the hospital, including going up and down many stairs (first time in 3 weeks.)
  • I have eaten and kept down six full SCD-compliant meals.
  • I made significant improvements to the design of my translation website and added a blog to it.
  • I have maintained inbox zero for my personal and business email accounts.
  • I completed the first assignment for my newly online class this semester.
  • I fearlessly presented the Bahá'í Faith to several inquiring minds.
  • I helped my mom edit an article written about her for a work newsletter.
On top of all of this, I have felt no physical discomfort at all, nothing seems to bother me in the least, I am socially fearless, and I have unusually amazingly accurate and quick typing and information retrieval skills.

All I can say is wow. Just wow.

2 comments:

juicemilk said...

Way to go, Idaho!

Love the new blog header.

Anonymous said...

Dan,
I am so happy that you've found a diet that will translate into real healing! We will have to stay in touch and swap food stories, recipes, lifestyle information etc... I belong to a support group that meets at Whole Foods on the east side. Perhaps you would be interested in joining. You can check them out at Milwaukee Celiac Sprue Crew. Keep in touch and as always much shalom (salaam).
Denise