"Do not neglect medical treatment when it is necessary, but leave it off when health has been restored...Treat disease through diet, by preference, refraining from the use of drugs." - Bahá'u'lláh

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

From Wonderful to Awful In Almost an Instant

Tonight I experienced possibly the most extreme emotional swing I have ever experienced.

Around dinner time I rode my bike to Everett's place for Pasta Night. That turned out to be a truly awesome event. The food was simple and excellent, and the company was great. Met some really cool people, played some dominoes, listened to many and even participated in a few conversations. It was just what I needed after almost a week of overwhelming loneliness.

Everett came out, showed me a shortcut to get back to campus. I thanked him, said goodbye. After he re-entered the building, I pulled my newly purchased flashing red light out of my pocket and bent over to attach it to my (also new) bike, when I realized that the fucking seat was missing. Man that sucked. I was tired, and expected and wanted a relaxing ride back, and I got this. I was now not only pissed off (injustice is something that perturbs me, most especially when I am the victim of it), but slightly afraid, knowing that I would be riding alone, in the dark, in an unfamiliar city, without a seat in the presence of thieves.

The ride home was unpleasant as could be. I was sad and angry, wanting to cry, and I couldn't sit down to ease the burning in my legs and back. I took some wrong turns and was further devastated. When I finally got back, all the bike racks were nearly full, and it took me some time to find a place to lock up. When I found one, it took me at least five minutes to get the damned lock on.

I arrived in my room, sweating, hurting, weakened, and tired.

I breathed deeply, walked to the bathroom, washed my face, and said some prayers.

Is there any Remover of difficulties save God? Say: Praised be God. He is God. All are His servants, and all abide by His bidding.

5 comments:

emily oi! said...

man, that sucks. i'm with you, danny.

juicemilk said...

Well, I'm glad you liked Feast here.

Hooray for internet friends!

-mona

Allie said...

i'm sorry the end of your night was so lousy.

what kind of bike did you get?

If you want a new seat, I could send you one. I get 'em dirt cheap, you know.

dan said...

i got one already. thanks though.

my bike is a cheapo from target. schwinn ranger.

Allie said...

they sell bikes at target?!?