"Do not neglect medical treatment when it is necessary, but leave it off when health has been restored...Treat disease through diet, by preference, refraining from the use of drugs." - Bahá'u'lláh

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Una nueva bicicleta y la Sagrada Familia


Friday I went ahead and dropped 200€ on a bike. I decided to go with a plegable (folding model), which allows me to carry it up to my apartment and therefore drastically reduce the potential for theft. Plus it's cool. I'm quite excited to begin commuting to school (3.8 km each way) by bike – it ought to be much more exciting than staring out the window or reading free newspapers on the train. Also, I look forward to travelling the routes in my book and exploring the city.


Yesterday, I went with a couple friends from the program to see el Templo de la Sagrada Familia (Temple of the Holy Family), Gaudi's unfinished masterpiece. It was pretty cool. We took an elevator up one of the towers and then explored a bit. Various passages were closed, so it took a while to find our way out–we had to climb up and then back down a few times, all the while inching past others travelling in the opposite direction (the staircases were about 1.5 people wide and a bit claustrophobic.)

Last night I discovered that if I sit in the laundry room I can access two open wireless networks. It is nice to not have to leave the apartment to steal internet (I used to go up a few stories and sit in the stairwell, but one of the neighbors yelled at me.)

1 comment:

emily oi! said...

that bike is taut. felicidades!