"Do not neglect medical treatment when it is necessary, but leave it off when health has been restored...Treat disease through diet, by preference, refraining from the use of drugs." - Bahá'u'lláh

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bragging, not complaining

The Mediterranean diet, as it is called, contains a lot of olive oil. It‘s poured over salads, pasta, vegetables, and just about everything else. Tonight for dinner I had: green beans and potatoes (covered in oil), followed by an egg and shredded carrots--fried in oil. ¡Qué rico!

Commuting by bicycle is a wonderful thing. By the time I got home today, I was soaked in sweat and smelled like a combination of B.O. and exhaust fumes, but it was worth it. There are two main categories of streets on my route: those with a separate bike lane, which allows me to zoom along unhindered; and those without, which require riding slowly on the sidewalk, dodging strollers and pedestrians, and making extensive use of my bell. Both are fun in their own ways. As far as I can tell, it‘s well nigh impossible to ride in car traffic here, at least on busy streets.

I went geocaching today and was finally able to get rid of a Geocoin that I picked up in Mequon, WI months ago. I had to ride up a long, steep hill, and then carry my bike up several flights of stairs to reach the park where the cache was located. When I arrived, I was discouraged to see that the trail map was more complex than is apparent from Google Earth‘s satellite imagery. Nevertheless, I forged ahead and walked almost straight to the target--without GPS. It felt good.

Catalán seems like it will be a good class; so, 1 for 2 for today. Tomorrow: Fonaments de la traducció, followed by Pragmàtica de l‘espanyol.

1 comment:

Cammy said...

maybe your senora de casa is afraid that you're so skinny because you're vegetarian.