"Do not neglect medical treatment when it is necessary, but leave it off when health has been restored...Treat disease through diet, by preference, refraining from the use of drugs." - Bahá'u'lláh

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Excursiones y fotos

This past weekend we went on two excursions: Saturday we visited two Cistercian monasteries, the Monastir de Santes Creus and the Monastir de Poblet; Sunday we went to a Birds of Prey show (seriously) at Cim de les Àligues, then to the beautiful nature area at Sant Miquel del Fai. The monasteries were interesting, and they almost made me want to become a monk and pray, work, meditate, and copy manuscripts all day. They actually do allow guests for up to week...we’ll see.


I’ve uploaded a bunch of photos to my Flickr account for your viewing pleasure. They can be accessed by clicking the mosaic to the right.

In other news, I broke the toilet, and my Semantics professor finally came to class! I think I will enjoy the course, as the first lecture was quite interesting indeed. I also joined an Easy Catalan Reading Club. I missed the first meeting last Wednesday, but went today to pick up the book and CD and had a nice conversation with the instructor (in Spanish).

No comments: